Monday, April 13, 2009

Tyrannosaurs part the first


A hypothetical adult 'Nanotyrannus'. I had watched the NG show that featured 'Jane' and was inspired to draw Jane as a new species of Tyrannosaur. It always bothered me that T. rex is the only large predator at the end of the Cretaceous. Plus, I'm not convinced that Jane is really a juvinile T. rex, the brain case being different as are the teeth. I'm happy to be wrong of course, just new stuff to draw:)


The classic version of Nanotyrannus, a small agile tyrannosaur.


A shot of Jane and her parents. I really just wanted to try a black dinosaur:)

Best,

Brett

3 comments:

  1. COOL work!!! I think the nanotyrannus is not a juvinile t-rex.Its a juvinile nanotyrannus. And its parents are bigger than t-rex. Maybe the adult nanotyrannus is the real t-rex hunter, no the baby like in the jurassic fight club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    RIght now I lean more towards Nano being a separate species. There are some new find that are supposed to show this. As for it being larger than a Rex? I's say no. They might rival the size, but would be more gracile in build. At least that's what it appears to me, but I'm going to wait and see what those new finds show:)

    Best,

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhapsly the Tyrannosaurus X (which maybe only a big male t.rex)was the adult Nanotyrannus?

    ReplyDelete