Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More feathered dinosaurs for Leo



Over on Geomythologica, Leo did a very nice post about me, complete with comics of mine in his collection:) For some reason I didn't find out about it until last night so, since it took me so long, I decided to post some more feathered dinosaurs for him. This would be Utahraptor, largest 'raptor' found so far, if one particular fossil turns out to be correct, you don't know the half of it!


Sinocalliopteryx, crappy scan, sorry.


And Styracosaurus, with some feathery quill things on it's back and tail.

Best,

Brett

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Brett! ... and thanks for mentioning my blog! The Utahraptor's mane reminded me of some works by Alain Bénéteau at Paléospot http://www.paleospot.com/galerie_rubrique.php?rub=1
    [two fluffy Velociraptor mongoliensis depicted over there]

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I almost forgot:
    "Prehistoric Times" is looking for Therizinosaurs and Pterosaurs. The due date for submissions is June. 10th... in case you were wondering about letting your amazing therizinosaurs go free... ;-)

    Details here: http://www.prehistorictimes.com/nextissue.html

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leo,

    I used to always put some sort of fluff on them, they looked funny without it. I quite like the painted bird velociraptors he does, those are quite cool.

    Yeah I keep forgetting to email Mike:( I'm off to Houston for a few days, I'm hoping to hit the 2 museums there. hopefully they'll have that blasted Acrocanthosaurus up!

    Best,

    Brett'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Houston and the HMNS downtown will be be renovating their prehistoric hall into two stories, and have a lot of neat plans for it. The work should take around two years, they say. After seeing what the Caregie in Pittsburgh did with thier hall, I can't wait to see what happens here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous,

    Just got back from Houston... Glad to hear they are renovating the hall, because it was really disappointing. Broken mounts, 5 dinosaurs... I was hoping for something more. No one I asked new anything...

    Best,

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that one Triceratops specimen was found with some feathery-quills on its back! I could only imagine what they were used for.

    ReplyDelete